Sunday, April 27, 2003

Hi again--

So, Sec/Treas Alison decides today it would be funny to say "I've got bad news" followed by "I'm not going to grad school, therefore I can't be in CKI next semester, therefore I have to resign as your Secretary Treasurer" - so of course, I almost have a heart attack. She then responds with "Haha, just kidding." So--- your ST is definitely keeping your Gov on her toes, and making sure that my heart is in working order! Make sure you thank her for that! Oh-- and if you have a chance to get her with some kind of prank.. feel free to do so, on my behalf! :)

Congrats LSU, on a fun picnic & great banquet. I'm really glad I finally learned what Disc Golf was... even though I suck at it. But not as much as everyone else (excluding Shannon & Todd). I even got to wander around the woods for awhile-- always fun. As for the banquet I sent lots of fun happy grams (To all who are wondering, I'M "Stan G." and the wreath sent to the LSU board came from me.) Also, yes, yes it's true, I sang the LSU fight song, complete with a tiger ribbon & purple antennae. But I got my gavel back!!! Victory is mine, Tigers!! :) So, UNO stole my bell and I had to go watch (cringe) wrestling to get it back.... LSU has my gavel & I have to sing like a Tiger fan. Who's next? I can't wait to see how creative you all can be.

Speaking of creativity, I've gotten no more offers on club goals for me to do stupid things! Hurry up and decide, this offer is for a limited time only. (No, you cannot wait until March, see how much improvement you've made & then set your goal at that.)

May 1st is a very important date. It's when your I-con stuff is due to Tommy. By stuff I mean registration & check.
May 5th is also a very important date. It's when cabinet applications are due, cabinet director applications are due, and also when club secretaries should be completing their first ever monthly reports (if they didn't help with last months). New Secs and Presidents should try to sit down and do this together, and if the old Sec can help -- that's great, at least for the first time. If you have any questions about the MRF, please ask Alison. May 5th is also the deadline for you to get anything to me that should be presented at our first board meeting. If you have a proposal for Summer Rally, or something you want included with your cabinet application, a proposal for D-con, or any agenda points/items you want discussed, I need those in my hand, either hard or electronic copy, by May 5th.
May 9th-11th is our upcoming District Board meeting, at the Ponchatoula Kiwanis Log Cabin, in Ponchatoula, LA
May 24th-May 25th is our next District Board meeting. All selected cabinet are expected to be present on May 24th.

Governor Shoutout today goes to any club who is sending a full 2 members to I-con, and taking advantage of the delegates they worked so hard (by getting 20 paid members) to have!

International Corner: CKI has just put something on the front page, a "Key Club Invitational" for Key Clubbers that are interested in joining Circle K. They fill out a form with the top 3 schools they are looking at, and that information is forwarded to me and Mark Mobley, our DA. As soon as we get that information, we will forward it to you (and btw, we still owe you some info from Key Club Convention) -- so please contact those Key Clubbers, they could be your next Club officers!

That's it for now.. I'm feeling a little sick (sore throat, etc) - so if you call me and I have no voice, please forgive me :)

-Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home